- Only ever load a speargun IN the water
- Push spear into mechanism, tug to make sure it is locked in. Place butt against chest, grip rubbers with both hands, and pull back until metal wishbone can be slotted into notch on spear.
- Check all parts for wear before use.
- Never load or fire a speargun out of the water.
- Always know where a speargun is pointing.
- Remember a speargun is a dangerous weapon, always treat it as such.
- Never rely on a mechanical safety catch; The only safety is slack rubbers.